Robert P. Stchur, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
Board Certification in Sports Medicine
Dr. Robert Stchur is known as "the Shoulder Guy." He regularly performs over 400 shoulder surgeries a year. He joined Advanced Orthopedic Center in 2004. Originally from Michigan, he earned his medical degree, with honors, from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit and completed his residency at the University of Michigan. Dr. Stchur also pursued a sports medicine fellowship at the Lake Tahoe Sports Medicine Program. He specializes in arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
Dr. Stchur serves as a team orthopedic consultant for the Tampa Bay Rays and team orthopedic surgeon for the Charlotte Stone Crabs. He is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America.
In his free time, Dr. Stchur is an avid fisherman and he particularly enjoying spearfishing.
- Medical Degree: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Lake Tahoe Sports Medicine, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification in Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Bayfront Health Port Charlotte
- Bayfront Health Punta Gorda
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital
- Murdock Surgery Center