Comprehensive Orthopedic Care for Injuries & Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
Orthopedic medicine focuses on injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system. This specialty encompasses everything from your bones and joints to your ligaments, tendons, muscles, and even nerves.
It’s common for patients of all ages to experience pain or discomfort coming from their muscles, tendons, joints, or nerves, especially if they are active or play sports. This discomfort can come from a direct injury or the stress of overusing a particular part of the body day after day. Whether you’re suffering from shoulder pain or a knee injury, our board-certified orthopedic professionals are happy to provide comprehensive and patient-centric care, ensuring you get the treatment you need for your specific condition.
At Advanced Orthopedic Center, our physicians care for patients of all ages, commonly providing:
- Thorough diagnosis of your injury or disorder
- Comprehensive treatment with medication, surgery, casting, or other options
- Rehabilitation to restore movement, strength, and function via exercise or physical therapy
- Education to help prevent injury or the gradual progression of disease
Although our orthopedic surgeons are familiar with all aspects related to the musculoskeletal system, many specialize in specific areas, such as neck, spine, shoulder, hand, hip, knee, or foot and ankle. Some of our physicians are also specially trained in sports medicine. Notably, each of our physicians are members of professional associations such as the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
As such, our practice can treat many musculoskeletal conditions with or without surgery. Non-surgical treatments may include medication, exercise, and other rehabilitative or alternative therapies like physical therapy. At Advanced Orthopedic Center, we house a variety of on-site facilities that allow our patients receive certain testing and treatments within our office’s campus. Additional services we offer include X-rays, physical therapy treatments, and interventional pain management treatments.
If you do not respond to these treatments, your orthopedic doctor may recommend and perform a specific form of surgery. Common procedures include:
- Arthroscopy — This is a procedure that employs special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint.
- Fusion — This is essentially a "welding" process in which bones are fused together with bone grafts and internal devices (such as metal rods).
- Internal fixation — The purpose of this method is to hold broken pieces of bone in their proper position with metal plates, pins, or screws until the bone is healed.
- Joint replacement (partial, total, and revision) — the removal and replacement of an arthritic or damaged joint with an artificial implant called a prosthesis
- Osteotomy — involves the correction of a bone deformity by cutting and repositioning the bone
- Soft tissue repair — The process in which torn tendons or ligaments are mended
In addition to these methods, the skilled, board-certified physicians at Advanced Orthopedic Center can treat conditions such as arthritis, stress injuries, fractures, sprains, and tendonitis with restorative and stem cell therapy.
Receive Your Orthopedic Treatment Today
The skilled physicians at Advanced Orthopedic Center are eager to treat your orthopedic condition or sports injury, so you can go back to enjoying your friends, family, sports, and other activities.
Whatever your orthopedic needs, our dedicated team at Advanced Orthopedic Center is proud to serve residents of Port Charlotte, Punta Gorda, and Venice, Florida. To request an appointment, please call our Port Charlotte or Punta Gorda office at (941) 629-6262 and for our Venice location, (941) 497-1771.