Comprehensive Orthopedic Care for Injuries & Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System
Orthopedic medicine focuses on injuries and diseases of the body’s musculoskeletal system. This specialty encompasses everything from your bones and joints to ligaments, tendons, muscles, and even nerves.
At Advanced Orthopedic Center, our physicians care for patients of all ages, commonly providing:
- Thorough diagnosis of your injury or disorder
- Comprehensive treatment with medication, surgery, casting, or other options
- Rehabilitation to restore movement, strength, and function via exercise or physical therapy
- Education to help prevent injury or the gradual progression of disease
Although our orthopedic surgeons are familiar with all aspects related to the musculoskeletal system, many specialize in particular areas, such as neck, spine, shoulder, hand, hip, knee, or foot and ankle. Some are also specially-trained in sports medicine.
As such, our practice can treat many musculoskeletal conditions with or without surgery. Non-surgical treatments may include medication, exercise, and other rehabilitative or alternative therapies. If you do not respond to these treatments, your orthopedic doctor may recommend and perform a specific form of surgery. Common procedures include:
- Arthroscopy — This is a procedure that employs special cameras and equipment to visualize, diagnose and treat problems inside a joint.
- Fusion — This is essentially a "welding" process in which bones are fused together with bone grafts and internal devices (such as metal rods).
- Internal fixation — The purpose of this method is to hold broken pieces of bone in their proper position with metal plates, pins, or screws until the bone is healed.
- Joint replacement (partial, total, and revision) — This involves the removal and replacement of an arthritic or damaged joint with an artificial implant called a prosthesis.
- Osteotomy — This involves the correction of a bone deformity by cutting and repositioning the bone.
- Soft tissue repair — In which torn tendons or ligaments are mended.
In addition to these methods, the skilled, board certified physicians at Advanced Orthopedic Center can treat conditions such as arthritis, stress injuries, fractures, sprains, and tendonitis with restorative and stem cell therapy.
Whatever your orthopedic needs, our dedicated team at Advanced Orthopedic Center can help relieve your pain and restore your mobility. To request an appointment, please call our office at (941) 629-6262 or simply use our convenient online form.