Lee James, DO
Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Fellowship Trained in Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Lee James specializes in physical medicine and rehabilitation with subspecialty training in pain medicine. He completed both his residency and a pain medicine fellowship at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill. He is an active member of the North American Spine Society, Spine Intervention Society, International Neuromodulation Society, American Academy of Pain Medicine, and American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. James specializes in comprehensive non-surgical management of spine and other musculoskeletal conditions, including acute and chronic back and neck pain, sciatica, nerve pain, and joint pain. He performs fluoroscopically-guided lumbar and cervical epidural injections, spinal cord stimulation, diagnostic nerve root blocks, peripheral nerve blocks, facet joint injections, medial branch radiofrequency lesioning, sacroiliac joint injections, Botox injections for pain management, and upper/lower extremity joint injections.
A Florida native, Dr. James received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida in Tampa and earned his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale. He and his family are thrilled to be part of Advanced Orthopedic Center and the community in Southwest Florida.
- Medical Degree: Nova Southeastern University College of Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency: University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC
- Fellowship: Pain Medicine, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Department of Anesthesiology, Chapel Hill, NC
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification in Interventional Pain Management
- North American Spine Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- International Neuromodulation Society
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Hospital & Surgery Center Affiliations
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital
- Murdock Surgery Center