Meet Robert P. Stchur, MD
Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon | Board Certification in Sports Medicine
Dr. Robert Stchur is known as "the Shoulder Guy." He regularly performs more than 600 shoulder surgeries a year. He joined Advanced Orthopedic Center in 2004. Originally from Michigan, he earned his medical degree, with honors, from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit and completed his residency at the University of Michigan. Dr. Stchur also pursued a sports medicine fellowship at the Lake Tahoe Sports Medicine Program. He specializes in arthroscopic shoulder surgery and shoulder replacement. He is in the top 5 busiest reverse shoulder replacement surgeons in the nation.
Dr. Stchur serves as a team orthopedic consultant for the Tampa Bay Rays. He is a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America. In his free time, Dr. Stchur is an avid fisherman, and he particularly enjoys freediving spearfishing.
- Medical Degree: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine, Lake Tahoe Sports Medicine, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification in Sports Medicine